Olivia had her two-week Dr appt on Friday. She now weighs 8lbs and is a whopping 21 inches long! She's 46th percentile for weight and 85th for height. I never knew what percentiles meant until I had my own baby. In the past people would be like "my baby is clear in the 90th percentile!" and I'd be like, "oh...cool."
Sooo... her belly-button just has a little scab now so the doctor said she was ready for her first bath! Livs loved getting sponge baths, and now loves getting real baths. Especially when I wash her hair. She just closed her eyes and relaxed while I sponged her off.
She also loves going places in her car seat. I got a little sad this morning when we put her in because I could tell she is getting bigger. She doesn't just bend into a tiny puddle in the bottom anymore, her head actually rests in the support cushion :( It's only been two weeks! Time is stealing my baby!!!
...Anyways, I call her bunny rabbit sometimes because of her long bunny feet. They are so cute :)
- Falling asleep while sitting up. Me, not the baby. It was 5am and I was feeding her.
- Having all of the following on me at one time: blood, throw up, pee, poop, breastmilk.
- Using a breast pump. Now I know how cows feel.
- Washing, lotioning, combing, and drying baby only to have her soak her towel and my clothes with pee on the 5 second walk to get a diaper.
- Actually wishing my bedfellow would snore. That way I can always tell she is breathing instead of checking every 30 seconds :)
- Tivo-ing anything that looks vaguely interesting in order to have something to watch during middle of the night feedings. Teen Wolf anyone?
- Realizing that my obsession with immaculately clean bedding has to come to an end if I want to stay sane
- Loving someone so much that I only met two weeks ago
- Giving all of my energy, thoughts, time, and body to one tiny person and wishing I could give more