Jack's bday fell on a Sunday this year so we basically had a whole birthday weekend for him! He and I took Asher up to Park City with us Friday night while my sister stayed at our house with the older two girls. We booked a suite at the Newpark Hotel and honestly really liked it. There was a long hallway with a big closet for Asher's pack n play to fit in, a bedroom separated by two big sliding barn doors, a living room with a full-sized fridge and freezer, microwave, and dishwasher, and a deck with a private hot tub on it, overlooking a big grassy area where a concert was going on! We ate at Ruth's Chris Friday night and went all out, stuffing ourselves with amazingly expensive food. My favorite part of dinner was when, after ordering and eating filet mignon, ribeye steak, lobster mac and cheese, and lobster tail, Jack told me he was saving the best for last...the sweet potato casserole haha! Asher slept in hi arms the whole meal and it was so nice. We took dessert back to the hotel room.
The next morning we had breakfast (huevos rancheros and buttermilk pancakes) at our favorite, Squatters, then did some shopping at the Outlets before heading home around noon. That evening we went to Jack's Aunt Sandy and Uncle Ed's home for a swimming an party and BBQ for extended family (not for Jack's birthday, it just happened to fall on his bday weekend).
Sunday morning he got up and opened presents (a pair of Nike's, the book he is currently listening to John Adams, a manual about the modern day prophets, the soundtrack to Hamilton, some shirts, Mr Robot season 1, and some coupons). We had a low-key day with our girls, watched a movie and ate popcorn, and after we put the girls in bed I grilled steaks, asparagus, and corn on the cob. A few of Jack's siblings then came over and we had crockpot molten lava cake I had tried for the first time (super good!) chips and dip, and played card games. It was a blast. Jack got so many sweet texts and calls for his birthday and I thought I'd share the text I sent about him within our friends group (our group always sends a traditional group text about each member on their birthday with well wishes and nice sentiments. I really love it):
Happy birthday love! My ten fave things about Daryl (in random order):
1. He loves spending time with his family more than anything in the whole world
2. He makes me laugh hard every single day
3. He is driven and creative and has a great business mind
4. He is super smart and knows a lot about just about everything
5. He is incredibly handsome and the best kisser
6. He loves the Lord and has an amazingly strong spirit and testimony
7. He loves being a dad to girls and worships the ground they walk on
8. He's a very hard worker and makes us so comfortable
9. He is so generous and considerate and always thinking of ways to make other people's day
10. He is completely free of judgement. He makes me and others feel good in their own skin and completely free to be themselves
I love this pic of Ash, cause sometimes she looks like a cute little potato :D Also, we had three people think she was a boy on this trip because I didn't bother with a headband. One lady said, "Oh what a cute baby! He is just all boy isn't he?!" I was just like "yep..?" cause I didn't want her to feel bad haha